ATTENTION: This item is no longer available.
VIEW AVAILABLE ITEMS
This lot of Sorbitol 70% Solution (Food Grade) was ordered for a specific project but it ended up not being used and now is being sold as a surplus to recover funds from its investment.
- Product: Sorbitol 70% Solution (Food Grade)
- Quantity: 14,800 Kgs
- Packaging: 80 drums x 185 Kgs
- Number of pallets:
- Expiring date: May, 2020
Sorbitol, a polyol (sugar alcohol), is a bulk sweetener found in numerous food products. In addition to providing sweetness, it is an excellent humectant and texturizing agent. Sorbitol is about 60 percent as sweet as sucrose with one-third fewer calories. It has a smooth mouthfeel with a sweet, cool and pleasant taste. It is non-cariogenic and may be useful to people with diabetes. Sorbitol has been safely used in processed foods for almost half a century. It is also used in other products, such as pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
- In sugar-free candy manufacture, sorbitol finds its application as a sugar-free reduced calorie sweetener. It improves the candy’s softness and chewy texture.
- In sugar-free ice cream, it is usually used to provide sweetness, impart body and texture.
- In Diabetic fruit jam and peanut butter, sorbitol is used as a humectant to reduce dryness and improve spreadability.
- Textile and Leather Application: Sorbitol is usually used as a dispersing agent, humectant/bodying agent, and sequestering agent. It is used as a color stabilizer in textile printing, as a humectant in textile sizing, and as a softener in finishing.
- Emulsion Products: Sorbitol retards the loss of water by evaporation from oil in oil/water emulsions.
- Tobacco Industry: Sorbitol is used to contribute to the flavor of chewing tobacco and used as humectant and conditioner
- Adhesives Applications: The characteristics of sorbitol that neither loses nor absorbs any appreciable quantity of water increases the viscosity of the composition of the glue, and its non-volatility is an advantage in adhesive applications.
- Pharmaceuticals Industry: As a good humectant and plasticizer sorbitol is usually used in emulsion ointments and in gelatine capsules. It also finds uses in pharmaceutical syrups where it’s stability, non-cariogenicity and viscosity are an advantage. Sorbitol is also used medically in culture mediums to distinguish between various strains of bacteria such as E coli.
- Others IndustriesSorbitol is used to make polyurethane foams with specific strength and absorbency which finds uses in, for instance, vehicle dashboards. It is also used as a chelator in metalworking and is used in processes to anodize aluminum