My Account Home
Global Marketplace for Asset Recovery & Surplus Inventory

Commercial Equipment

Consumer Goods

My location (click to change): undetermined
All Listings > Agriculture and Food > Seafood Frozen & Canned > IQF Raw White Shrimp - Easy Peel

IQF Raw White Shrimp - Easy Peel

PLACE A BID
Location shown on the map is in the general vicinity of the actual location.
ID: 182986280
Quantity: 68000 Lbs
Condition:

The issue mostly pertains to clumping due to temperature issues during transit.  On 24 August 2018 one of the containers of interest was noted to not be functioning at time of delivery and during discharge of the cargo. The original seals were present and same were removed for opening of the doors. Upon opening of the doors some ice accumulation was observed around the middle of the lower door gaskets. Cartons at the tail along the bottom tiers had slightly collapsed and the first row of cartons partially tipped and fell out of the container onto the floor of the facility.  Initial temperatures taken of the product inside the container indicated returns of 20-21 Degrees (F). The exteriors of the master cartons were clean and stain free and no ice or frost accumulations were observed on either the cartons and or on the interior surfaces of the reefer itself other than that which had formed along the lower door gaskets.  Inspection of the contents of the cartons during discharge indicated that portions of the cartons stowed at the top, along the walls and at the tail/doors showed evidence of likely temperature abuse/fluctuations in the form of a loss of the IQF coating which had lifted from the individual raw shrimp. The coating, along with frost accumulations were observed inside these bags and the shrimp were noticeably soft to the touch. No clumping had yet to begin as the bags were coming down in temperature at the time of discharge. The cartons stowed towards the middle of the stow appeared in apparent fine and normal conditions with no loss of IQF, no frost and no unusual visual problems present. The shrimp within theses cartons were also noted to be hard, fully frozen and not clumped. It was estimated that up to 60% of the product likely shows a loss or partial loss of the IQF coatings and related quality degradation issues while the remaining 40% of the product is likely in fine and normal conditions with no quality related issues present.

On 28 August 2018 the second container of interest was noted to be set at -18 degrees C (-0.4 F) and indicating return air temperature of -18 degrees C (-0.4 F) and a supply air temperature of -20.5 degrees (c). The original seals were present and same were removed for opening of the doors. Upon opening of the doors it was observed that the first row of cartons (stowed wall to wall and 11 tiers in height) had tipped and were leaning against the doors. Once the doors were opened portions of the cartons fell to the floor. Cartons at the tail along the bottom three tiers had slightly collapsed with loss of integrity observed.  Initial temperatures taken of the product inside the container and during discharge indicated returns of 0 to -1.5 degrees (F). The exteriors of the master cartons were clean and stain free and no ice or frost accumulations were observed on either the cartons and or on the interior surfaces of the reefer itself.  Inspection of the contents of the cartons during discharge indicated that portions of the cartons stowed at the top, along the walls and at the tail/doors showed evidence of likely temperature abuse/fluctuations in the form of a loss of the IQF coating which had lifted from the individual raw shrimp and collected towards the bottoms of the bags. The coating, along with frost accumulations were observed inside these bags. In addition it was noted that the shrimp had clumped within the bags. The clumping was not too severe as the shrimp broke apart into individual pieces once the bag was lightly struck.  The cartons stowed towards the middle of the stow appeared in app arent fine and normal conditions with no loss of IQF, minimal frost accumulation and no other unusual visual problems present. The shrimp within these cartons were also noted to be hard, fully frozen and not clumped.  It was estimated that up to 60% of the product likely shows a loss or partial loss of the IQF coatings and related quality degradation issues while the remaining 40% of the product is likely in fine and normal conditions with no quality related issues present. Please see photos attached for an idea of current condition. Sellers, do not bind themselves to accept the highest or any offer. Buyer, is responsible for any off loading and/or handling fees. Buyer, must verify quality before removing lot from the location.

# of Bids: 40
Product Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
End Time: Bid As Soon As Possible
Time Remaining: Bid As Soon As Possible
Market Maker: Ask a Question About This Listing: Juan Rosales   713-229-9000 x132

Description

These two container loads of IQF Raw White Shrimp - Frozen is available as a result of an insurance claim and is being offered for sale as part of the mitigation process.  Please see details.

Description: Please see below product info. 

Product would need to be removed from current packaging before further sales.

Species

Grade

Product

Freezing

Pack

Qnty

UOM

VANNAMEI/ WHITE SHRIMP

'26/30

RAW HL EZ PEEL

IQF

4x2.5 LBS

   10,000

LBS

VANNAMEI/ WHITE SHRIMP

'16/20

RAW PD TAIL ON

IQF

4x2.5 LBS

   10,000

LBS

VANNAMEI/ WHITE SHRIMP

'26/30

RAW PD TAIL ON

IQF

4x2.5 LBS

   14,000

LBS

 

 

 

 

 

   34,000

 

             
             

Specie

Grade

Product

Freezing

Pack

Qnty

UOM

VANNAMEI/ WHITE SHRIMP

'21/25

RAW HL EZ PEEL

IQF

4x2.5 LBS

   14,000

LBS

VANNAMEI/ WHITE SHRIMP

'21/25

RAW PD TAIL ON

IQF

4x2.5 LBS

   10,000

LBS

VANNAMEI/ WHITE SHRIMP

'21/25

RAW PD TAIL OFF

IQF

4x2.5 LBS

   10,000

LBS

 

 

 

 

 

   34,000

 

Seller Terms

  • Salvex and the seller have the right to reject any and all offers.
  • This product is sold AS IS, WHERE IS.
  • Buyer is responsible for all taxes, duties, loading and freight charges.
  • Seller does not offer any warranties or manufacturer warranties.
  • Upon receipt of cleared funds, Seller will provide the Buyer a Release Order for item pick up. Title transfers from Seller to Buyer upon issuance of the Release Order.
  • It is Buyer's responsibility to verify quantities and condition at the time of pick up. Once the product has been removed from Seller's location, there will be no adjustments based on quantity or condition.
PLACE A BID
Location shown on the map is in the general vicinity of the actual location.

Other Listings in Seafood Frozen & Canned

VIEW ALL SEAFOOD FROZEN & CANNED LISTINGS (8)

Other Listings in Agriculture and Food

VIEW ALL AGRICULTURE AND FOOD LISTINGS (59)